Sunday, March 28, 2010

Asakusa Temple - Praying

After viewing the courtyard sculptures... we headed on to the area where there was a lot of praying.


I'm not 100% sure what this is, because I couldn't read the signs... but I believe these are written prayers tied on to the poles. 


The next part of the temple I couldn't get enough of. I'm sure Andrew was ready to go because I just kept snapping pictures. The people would buy incense... pray on it... and put it in a massive pot. People were crowded all around praying around  the pot. They were moving their hands as though they were bathing themselves in the smoke. Sorry all the next pictures are very similar... I just thought it was so cool.



















































Kimonos!




Kimonos!




And her Kimonoed friends!





































This is my favorite. 










I wish people didn't keep jumping in front of my camera!




No comments:

Post a Comment